2006 CCA Conference - GeoTec Event: Call for Papers
Published Friday, December 09, 2005 by CCAer | E-mail this post
Call for Papers, Posters
Deadline for Abstracts: January 15, 2006
A Call for papers has been issued for the 2006 CCA
conference in Ottawa
The conference is being held in conjunction with the 2006 GeoTec Event - “Celebrating History and Innovation” marking the one hundredth anniversary of the Atlas of Canada and the 20th anniversary of GeoTec. The event will feature sessions that commemorate the innovative contributions of the Atlas of Canada, and the contributions by Canadians in the advancement of geospatial technology.
The conference will be held jointly with the Association of Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA), the International Cartographic Association Commission on National and Regional Atlases and the International Cartographic Association Commission on Maps and the Internet and promises to be a well attended event.
CCA members are encouraged to submit proposals for conference presentations (papers, posters) that will be organized into general thematic sessions. In addition, you can organize a special session, a panel discussion, or host a workshop.
Abstracts of 100-200 words must be submitted before Jan. 15, 2006 to the Interest Group chair in whose track you wish to present. The IG chairs will be coordinating their sessions within the overall framework of GeoTec tracks
and also in special CCA tracks.
For further information, or for submission of an abstract, contact your IG chair:
- Analytical Cartography and GIS - Andrew Millward (email@example.com)
- Cartographic Education - Ian O’Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- History of Cartography - David Raymond (email@example.com)
- Map Use and Design - Sally Hermanson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Map Production Technology - Lori King (email@example.com)
- General/Other - Christine Earl (firstname.lastname@example.org)